Today, September 13th, 2019, the ballots were counted for the Sysco NM Tentative Agreement. There was an 86% turnout on the vote, which was very good. The tentative agreement has passed with 63% voting to ratify the contract by a vote of 79 to 46. We want to thank everyone who voted and congratulate you on your new contract. The $500 bonus checks should be sent to you within the next few weeks. Your new rate of pay should begin on Sunday.
Below are some of the highlights of the new agreement:
The New Ratified CBA will expire on April 25, 2025 and includes a signing bonus of $500.00 for every fulltime employee (even those on DIP/WHIP).
Record setting large wage increase upfront in the first year of .90¢ for Drivers and .70¢ for whse.
The company has also made a verbal commitment to correct loading issues regarding not giving drivers enough space around the back of the door and the freezer door so drivers can safely unload at their first stop.
We made a lot of headway getting some of the biggest issues addressed that you, the members, told us you had with your contract. Some of the bigger issues resolved include;
- Several improvements to the vacation language, including: (1) An increase to 2 weeks’ vacation after only 6 months seniority, (2) a 5th week for those with 25 years or more, (3) The option to cash out all weeks of vacation, (4) Company will now cash out all unused vacation upon voluntary quit, retire, resign or layoff, (5) Paid vacation will now show as “time worked” when calculating overtime hours.
- Part-time employee’s improvements include preventing future overuse of using part-timers and terminating part-timers at will.
- The Union gave the Company the ability to post driver bids as single day (They are not forced to do so but now once again have the ability)
- The Company must now notify the Union before changing WHIP or DIP
- Increased the meal allowance for overnight drivers
- Added new language to the grievance procedure we hope will help better resolve issues that come up in the future.
- Added language to stop the abuse of supervisors working, including requirement to exhaust all those wanting overtime.
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations will now be included as “time worked” when calculating overtime hours.
Some of the smaller issues resolved include:
- Multiple issues resolved regarding posting bids
- Posting overtime sheets
- Driver protection if bid is abolished
- Restructured night differential in the whse
- Extra break for whse employees working long hours
Your Union Committee was able to get the largest wage increases that Sysco NM employees have ever seen and it was front loaded. Front loading means that the increase is compounded every year with the next increase and so on. Call your Business Agent Tracy McCarty at 505-344-1925 Ex 18 with any questions.
Click Here to view the special webpage has been created for all the Sysco 2019 Contract Negotiations.
***If you know a Sysco member of Local 492 who is not receiving email updates from Local 492, forward this email to them and tell them to CLICK HERE to sign up or call Trey White at 505-344-1925 ex 15***