Leaders of UPS and UPS Freight Local Unions Approve Tentative Agreement
9-19-18 - UPS Freight IBT 2nd Mailer
9-18-19 - UPS Freight Postcard
9-17-18 - UPS IBT 4th Mailer*
9-16-18 - UPS Fulltime Progression Flier
9-13-18 - Listen to the UPS Partimer Conf Call from Sept 8
9-13-18- UPS Feeder Driver Flier
9-12-18-UPS IBT 3rd Mailer
9-11-18 -UPS Freight IBT Mailer
9-10-18 -Ballots are being mailed out this week. Listed below is a layout of the materials that UPS & UPS Freight Members will find in their ballot package:
- Mailing Envelope
- Voting Notice and Instructions, including recipient’s name, address and personal access code
- Voting Guide, which lists the specific agreements the recipient will be voting on
- Image of online introductory screen for members who choose to vote online
- Image of online voting screen
- Language member will hear if voting by phone
- Introductory letter from mailed ballot packet, including highlights and Q & A
- Actual agreements, including highlights when available
Local 492 has also posted the following new materials related to the vote (login to view):
UPS Western Region TA Summary
UPS SouthWest Package TA Summary
UPS SouthWest Sort TA Summary
UPS National Highlights Plus Q&A
Local 492 Pension Explanation & Chart
Please be advised the official date for balloting materials to be mailed to all eligible members at UPS and UPS Freight will be between Tuesday, September 11th and Friday, September 14, 2018. The ballots will be counted on Friday, October 5, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
To Download Flyers and/or Read Updates, Click:
9-5-18 UPS Freight Conference Call Sept 9 at 5 pm
9-4-18 - IBT Mailer
8-29-18 -Listen to Aug 25 Teleconference Call Teamsters Package Division Director Denis Taylor hosted a conference call on August 25 and focused on 22.4 combination drivers, excessive overtime and less subcontracting in Feeders.
8-28-18 - Get Facts About How The UPS Contract Was Negotiated!
New! - 22.4 Combo, Harassment, Part-Time, Subcontracting, Flyer
New! - UPS Member Questions From August 11 Tele-forum Call
New Video! – How 22.4 Will Affect All Current UPS Employees
New! - UPS 10 Reasons Vote Yes Flyer
New! - UPS Conference Call August 25, 2018 Flyer
UPS TA Informational Flyers/Posters
UPS TA Full-Time Flyer
UPS 492 Benefits Flyer
492 Wage, Pension, Health Increase Chart
492/Southwest Contract Improvement Flyer
Safety & Health Improvements Flyer
TA Strengthens Protections Against Harassment, Excessive Overtime Flyer
New Combination Driver Flyer
Part-Time Rates & Wage Increases Flyers
Frequently Asked Questions Flyer
UPS Freight TA:
New! - Tentative UPS Freight Agreement Provides Numerous Improvements
2018 National Master UPS Freight Tentative Agreement (Changes)
2018 National Master UPS Freight Tentative Agreement (Highlights)
UPS Package TA:
2018 Full Teamsters UPS Package National TA
2018 Teamsters UPS Package National TA (Highlights)
Click here to login, then you can view the Supplement/Rider Changes to:
2018 Southwest Package Rider (TA)
2018 Southwest Sort Rider (TA)
2018 Western Supplement (TA)
492/Southwest Contract Improvement Flyer
See this video about the 22.4 combination driver positions in the tentative UPS national contract, which will protect package-car drivers’ jobs and allow package-car drivers to spend more time with their families on weekends, among other improvements. Meanwhile, the positions will provide full-time status to the new combination drivers with full-time health, welfare and pension benefits and the opportunity to become package-car drivers. It’s a win-win for both package-car drivers and the new combination drivers!
8-9-18 Leaders of UPS and UPS Freight Local Unions Approve Tentative Agreements:
Leaders of local unions that represent UPS and UPS Freight Teamsters met today and approved the two separate tentative national agreements, paving the way for members to vote by electronic ballot starting next month.
Regarding the UPS tentative agreement, “Today’s vote was a very strong indication of the support nationwide from local union leaders and it sends the national agreement, regional supplements and riders to the members for a ratification vote,” said Denis Taylor, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee. “This agreement provides all our UPS members with tremendous gains in wages, benefits and working conditions and excellent opportunities for part-time workers to gain full-time employment.”
The tentative five-year UPS contract addresses several major issues:
- Wage increase/increased start rates for part-timers. The tentative agreement provides annual wage increases for full-time and part-time workers and for the first time in many years contains increases in the part-time start rates, a key issue for hundreds of thousands of our members and future members.
- Protects strong health care and pension benefits. UPS Teamsters will continue to receive their health insurance without paying premiums. UPS is required to make up the difference in the event Central States reduces benefits so that members who were covered by that Fund receive the full pension they earned.
- Addresses harassment and excessive overtime. Stronger grievance enforcement for harassment with a sitting arbitrator and monetary penalties, and a new procedure making it easier to get on or off the overtime (9.5) list.
- 5,000 new full-time jobs. The agreement requires UPS to create 5,000 new full-time jobs during the agreement, including a minimum of 2,000 sleeper team jobs by taking work off the railroad, and a new combination driver classification that addresses the changes brought on through the e-commerce revolution.
Likewise, “The UPS Freight tentative agreement provides our members with economic security and job security over the next five years and beyond,” said Kris Taylor, the Teamsters UPS Freight coordinator.
The tentative five-year UPS Freight contract addresses numerous major issues, including subcontracting, wage increases, pension increases, seniority, bidding, penalty pay, increased paid leave for casuals and more.
Early next month, members will receive voting information. The votes will be by secret ballot as it always has been, but this time members will vote via the Internet or phone.
The votes will be conducted through the BallotPoint Election Services voting system. In the packet being mailed in early September, members will find the agreements and a summary of the highlights including questions and answers. But instead of a paper ballot, members will find an individual access code and simple instructions on how to use the access code to vote by telephone or Internet.
BallotPoint is an election services provider which has specialized in electronic balloting and polling since 1999. The company has conducted nearly 4,000 union elections with nearly 2 million votes cast, and have never had an election compromised. Their system is secure and protects the secrecy of each member’s vote. In other words, no one will know how you voted!
The Teamsters Union has used BallotPoint extensively over the past three years to conduct contract ratifications, including the recent ABF Freight election. All of the ratifications were conducted without incident or challenges.
For more information on BallotPoint, visit their website here.
Join the Contract Update teleforum call on Saturday, August 11 at 3:00 pm (Mountain) to learn more about the contract: Call-In Number is (866) 767-0669
There will be a UPS Freight members contract update tele- forum call scheduled in the near future.